Monday, April 6, 2009

AISHWARAYA RAI gets the balance right


Aishwarya Rai bachchan opens up about married life and her equation with abhishek's friends and family

Marriage is obviously a union of two souls, but is also brings two people who have lived independently together. Each one comes with their own stories and a set of people. I always wanted my man to get along with my friends and family as this makes life so easy. I don't know what I would have done if the man I was with didn't get along with the reat of my workd. abhishek too had the same concerns when we started dating. To some extent this made our bond stronger because we both had a similar set of values, cared for our friends and their opinions mattered to us.

Even after marriage it's not possible to have "our" friends instantly. There will always be his friends and mine. But at the same time abhi and I try and integrate our friends' circle as much as we can. I have tried to get to know his friends, and he too has made an effort with mine. Abhi has a lot more friends than I do, given that he is more outgoing and friendly than I am, but touchwood I have had an easy ride with his friends, who are gems. In Kuch No Kaho, Not only did I work with Abhi for the first time but also with his friend Rohan Sippy. So Rohan is special to me. Goldie (Behl) and Sonali are close family friends and we get along well as I have worked with Sonali before. I am also quite fond of Riteish andPreity too.

As a wife there are many facets of a man that you might see, but there are some sides that only his closest friends will see, so I think it's great to know his friends too. While hanging out together with each other's friends is great, Abhi and I also understand the need for individual space and we give each other that space. Sometimes you need to be alone with your own friends to either get a perspective on something, or just have them haer you out or catch up on their lives. I a glad Abhi lets me do that.

Someone asked my husband a hwile ago if we were too into ourselves, completely oblivious of the world outside. That's just riduculous; we don't live in isolation. But it's true that we do like spending time at home with the family. We not only have a great family, but are also blessed with a cozy environment at home. I had worked with Pa (Big B) way before I started seeing abhi and have immense respect for him. When on the sets he raises the bar for you as an actor and at thome he raises the bar for you on a personal level with his impeccable, exemplary behaviour. There is so musch one can learn by just observing him every day. I must be truly blessed to have him as my father-in-law.

Ahi is a and I have no issues with that, because she has brought him up immaculately. She made a choiceto stay wasy from acting to look after the family but alwasy found her way of expressionandtoday it's through politics. Hopefully I will also have that sort of strength to make the right chices when time comes.

I find it easy to realate to Shweta because we are of the same age. She is so giving and caring. She and Abhi share a similar sense of humour and when they are together it's difficult to even get a word in and her kids are adorable.

In our culture, you get married to the man and his family. And I can safely say that I have chosen the right man and family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment