Saturday, July 23, 2011

Exit Festival: The Bad Stuff

Once we arrived in Novi Sad things started to go downhill quickly and over the next few days nothing really seemed to go right for me. While the guys organised our apartment I went to get cash out to pay for it and the rest of my time in Serbia. When I got to the ATM I opened my wallet and found out that I had lost my debit card. Although I have lost countless credit cards over the years I have never ever lost my debit card and only ever receive a new one when it expires. I originally thought this would be a huge problem as I thought I had it set up so I couldn't get cash advances on my credit card but apparently the bank never put that through so crisis averted.

The two guys I ended up staying with were way way way intense so for the 4 days I tried my hardest to spend the maximum amount of time alone outside of the apartment. Our apartment was a POS anyway so getting out of  it was a great idea, especially because it had no air conditioning and the guys were super unhygienic so combined with the 38 degree heat the apartment smelt fucking awful.

Although the group of Irish kids I went with were well safe, we couldn't contact them because non one had service in Serbia so I only got to see them once over the 4 days. I managed to get heat stroke on 2 of the days and basically no sleep for the entire festival because it went from 8PM to 8AM and by the time it was 8am it was at least 32 degrees and impossible to sleep.

Overall it was a pretty horrible experience and I ended up leaving to Belgrade a day early because there weren't any acts I wanted to see. There were a few positives scattered throughout the time, which will come in the next installment. Sorry for the whining.


No comments:

Post a Comment