Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hideout Festival

The first annual (hopefully) Hideout Festival was held on Zrce Beach in Pag, Croatia last week. The initial goal of the organisers wast to create one of the biggest electronic music festivals in Europe, and I would say that they took a very slid first step in achieving this goal.

I arrived 2 days before the festival started so I could attend the Collegium party and the Opening party, both of which were really cool especially the opening party which was held at Kalypso bar on Zrce. I wish I had taken photos of it because the set out of the "club" was amazing and the more people that filled the place the better the party became.

I obtained my accommodation through the festival and ended up at Zarko house, which was about a 5 minute walk from the center of Novalja, the town where most people were staying. When I arrived I was taken from the bus stop to Zarko by festival management, they chucked me in a random 2 person room and left. As i had booked far, far too late I knew that I was meant to get a pretty shitty room but after quite a few horrible attempts to reconcile the difference in German (which I've only been studying on and off for a month) with the non-English speaking landlords I decided I'd done my moral best and was going to keep the large apartment with a balcony.

There were around 25 people in the Villa and all those who chose to socialise were really, really cool and made my time there, even though they were all Brittish like every single other person at the festival. We had a bunch of really good days and nights hanging out both sober and super fucked. I hope someone has a pic of most of the group cause this is the only photo I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment